I recently received my Play! by Sephora box and I am in love! This is probably my favorite box I have opened so far. Read on for the nitty gritty, the down low, the….you get my meaning.
The Box: Play! By Sephora
The Cost: $10 Monthly
What’s included: 5 samples from brands Sephora carries. This can include makeup, skincare, and hair care. And 1 fragrance sample. You also, receive a “Play!” pass each month for 50 extra rewards points when you shop at a Sephora store.
The Primrose Corner paid for this box with our own money. This is an impartial, unbiased, non-sponsored review (Yay!). This post does however, contain affiliate links. For more information please refer to our DISCLOSURES policy. Thanks!
When I first opened the box the first thing I saw was the traditional Play! pass and informational sheet. The words “The Soft Side” immediately grabbed my attention and I knew then and there that this was going to be my kind of box.
I lifted the informational guide and caught sight of this beautiful metallic rose gold colored bag. Squee! Now I KNOW I am going to love this box. Rose gold is my jam.
I opened it up to see the pile of tradional six products. Here’s what came in my rose gold bag of goodies:
- Lashcraft Length + Volume (Sephora Collection) – I see a theme here. Sephora always puts one item from their own line in each box. I’m not complaining. So far I’ve loved everything they’ve included from their collection and it’s opened my eyes to trying out more of their in-house brand.
- Origins Ginzing Refreshing Eye Cream – I don’t usually use an eye cream but was just thinking a few days ago that I really should but had no idea where to start. Well now I have something to start playing with. I’ve also been wanting to try out the Origins brand so this is perfect!
- Nars Velvet Lip Glide in Bound – Yes! Nars. There’s a Nars liquid lip in this box you guys. A: I love liquid lips. B: I love Nars. C: I love this shade (Bound: a pretty dusty nude pink). I will be wearing the crap out of this.
- Too Faced Lip Injection Glossy in Milkshake – I already know I like this and I am excited to add it to my collection. Too Faced is one of my favorite makeup brands. Every once in a while something misses the mark for me but for the most part I love everything they put out.
- Marc Jacobs Divine Decadence – This style of scent is new to me. I definitely like it. I can smell the champagne-like vibe it’s giving off and it just has a hint of floral so it doesn’t smell too….florally. I will certainly be using this.
- Clinique Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer – I am so intrigued by this product! A moisturizer that also acts as a primer? I love this idea.
So, needless to say this box gets a 10/10 for me. I love the skincare options that came in the box, the scent was perfect and the lip products were beautiful. I’m also excited to try out the mascara. Plus, let’s be honest they had me at Rose Gold……
What’s your favorite beauty box/subscription? I’m always looking to try new things!